Fixing a Broken NAD C320BEE

I have the opportunity to buy a used NAD C320BEE that's cosmetically perfect but has "blown a few capacitors" according to the current owner. Does anybody have any opinions regarding whether fixing it is even worthwhile? I called a few local repair shops and they charge $75-100 just to look at it.

I was originally looking to buy a NAD C355BEE new, but wold greatly prefer paying less than the $800 it costs to get one new, if the sound/features are comparable.

In terms of what I'm looking for in a system, I'm trying to put together an entry-level system for listening to music – both CDs and a lot of radio – and occasionally watching movies. I'm open to any recommendations everyone might have. I'm trying to keep the budget around $1000. I'd prefer Stereo to 5.1 and my ideal Amp or receiver would have a Phono input. I'm in an apartment that doesn't need more than 50W/channel.

Thanks!
scatalogics

Showing 3 responses by scatalogics

Thanks for the reply. He's asking $75 and I haven't been able to find a comparable unit used. It looks like a used one could run anywhere from $275-400. Bringing it into a shop and leaving it for a few hours does sound like too much of a headache.
Thanks for all the suggestions! In the end I bought that C720BEE that Soulbrass suggested. Thanks for all the help!