First pre/pro and hopefully last

I am about to get my first pre/pro and hopefully it will last a long time. It will also serve as a 2 channel preamp. Looking at:
1. CLASSE SSP75, but I think it has been discontinued. why?
2. INTEGRA RESEARCH RDC-7
3. ARCAM AV8
Any opinions on these or others? Speakers will be Heron i's, and amps are yet to be decided, see thread under amps for that question, Bel Canto vs. Classe. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.
saint2

Showing 2 responses by merge038346

it's simple.

connect the line level outputs for L/R from the processor to one set of pre-amps inputs. connect all the two-channel sources to the pre-amp. connect the pre-amps L/R line level outputs to the two main amplifier channels. connect the processors other outputs (Center/RR/LR) directly to the surround amplifier channels.

then there isn't a compromise for 2 channel sources.
I can't say enough about the high quality 2 channel pre-amp with HT pass thru and a seperate processor. The pre-amp doesn't even need a specific HT passthru, you just need to be able to reliably hit the same volume setting. So any pre-amp with a digital volume display, or a notch on the knob will do.

Just set the preamp to the passthrough mode or volume, and calibrate the processor. Voila. Get a good pre-amp though.

The upgrade a cheaper processor as the times require. You'll the latest digital processing, and stellar two channel performance.

I do this today with a Boulder 1012 and a Meridian 568.