Find the weak link to help me spend $800 or so

This is preliminary, since I am am moving to a new room, and that may dictate what I need to do. But here is my main system. I listen, by the way, to lots of different kinds of music -- presenting every demand short of techno/dance club level of bass and volume. Also, I listen to about 70% vinyl, and lots of radio. I am basically an analog guy. I do have a ton of CDs though. Finally, I am sorely tempted to throw tubes into the mix. But what and where?

Anyway, what would you do w/$800 or so audio hardware-dedicated $ (please don't recommend software -- that comes from a different pool of $. Also, don't ask me what I am dissatisfied with, because I think this system is pretty damned nice -- but I want to play with it a bit for fun). Gimme some ideas, if you care to.

System:

Analog Front end:

Giant two armed Jean Nantais Lenco L75; Arm 1: AT 1005 MkII, Denon DL103 Soundsmith Rudy cantilever contact line retip; arm 2: Grace 707, Shure M97 Era IV

Sansui TU 710 Tuner (same as TU-717 -- recently realigned and fully serviced)

Digital Front End:

Original Rega Planet
Oppo 981 SACD Player

Amplification:

Accuphase P-300
Accuphase C-200
(Both of the above recently recapped and fully serviced.)
Denon AU300LC step up device

Loudspeakers:

Thiel CS2.2

Headphones:
Sennheiser HD-600

Cables:

Nothing fancy, as I am not a believer in them, or in tweaks generally.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
rnm4

Showing 2 responses by knownothing

Nice set up. I can't help myself either - priority for upgrades:

-Power supply for new room - 10 guage romex with dedicated breaker and decent outlet(s)

-acoustics of room, room treatments on wall surfaces, windows and corners

-a really secure foundation for your turntable, stone, thick wood platform, etc.

-replace power cables on your amp (sorry)

-upgrade IC between pre and amp (sorry)

-replace power cable on pre (sorry)

-replace power cable on Rega (sorry)

-upgrade IC between Rega and pre (sorry)

-upgrade your speaker cables (sorry)

Stop and take breath. Each successive upgrade in current delivery, acoustics and isolation will be more noticable than the last because the benefits are cumulative and limiting performance inherent in your quite good exisrting gear.
Rogerroger,

Is there a power conditioner available for $800 or less that you could recommend? All the ones I would suggest cost several thousand and up, why I didn't mention it.