Finally, I´ve got the Proac D48R speakers !!!

I had bookshelf speakers (still have) for many years, and they are great (Dynaudio C1 Platinum) and will be my partners for many more years. But, having had in the past floorstanding speakers, the eager for that big and powerful sound was there all the time. After a huge effort on my side (as I´m from LATAM so it is not easy to get these kind of speakers due to our weak local currencies) I´ve got the chance to get a pair of Proac D48R brand new which blew my mind from the first moment I´ve listened to them. I had the chance to listened the D30, and the K6 prior to the buying, but the D48R were not at stock over here, so I have bet, put my money on the table buying them without a listening. So, in short, I am really, reaaaaally happy. They are still in break in period, but I already love their huge and powerful sound!!!. Thank you to those who put your feelings and sensations in forums like these ones, you are part of my decision as well for going to Proac, a prestigious and traditional speakers manufacturers.

matias_estudio

Thank you guys!!! @milpai thank you a lot for your comments and tips in the forum you´ve made for your own D48R, I really enjoyed them as well and learned a lot (from you and some other guys here in Audiogon) prior to make my decision. Indeed I am already enjoying them as never did before with speakers at home. Pure joy and satisfaction even now, without having tried yet the best position and still in the break in period. I will post my perceptions once I can try different options. Enjoy your music and gear my friends!! 

You are welcome @matias_estudio Lets us know about your experience in a couple of weeks. Remember to give them good breathing space. Have fun!

perhaps i missed this if it was shared earlier - but what amplification is the op using with the d48r's?

in my experience proacs are somwhat finicky with amp matching to get the sound they are designed to produce...