Finally added Accuphase to my collection

Found a superb deal on a new Accuphase 380 to add to my collection of amps. I have four that I rotate from time to time. I have heard so many good things about Accuphase and its sound, I have been curious to hear for myself. I must say it is an awesome integrated and I can only imagine what the higher up models sound like. I have a Pass 250, Macintosh 352( just because I always wanted to own this brand}, Hegal 390 and now this Accuphase. The most outstanding trait of this amp is the tone. Everything just sound so perfect. Build quality is just and attention to deal is beyond reproach. This Accuphase is one smooth puppy and just utterly neutral with very good weight. Anyone on the fence considering the purchase of an Accuphase, don’t give it a second thought. Even though this is an outstanding sounding amp, dont think I would pay US retail for it.  

dwest1023

Congrats!! I have the Luxman 505uxii and it's super smooth as well. From your description, they sound very similar. Have you heard Luxman before? If you did, how would you compare them? 

Swede, it has been awhile since I have listen to my Pass. I have purchased my other 3 amps this year, so I have been putting time on them. Once I am done listening to my Accuphase, my Pass is next up in my rotation. From memory the Pass sound bigger compared to the 380. Soundstage is wider on the Pass, but the 380 seems to be more detailed. I hear things in songs I know well, I have never heard before, The Pass is on the slightly warm side, and the 380 is utterly neural. Bass is more powerful and deeper on the Pass. 

Bluorion, I have never heard a Luxman. It was on my list to purchase one, I have no doubt that it is a great sounding  amp. 

in my experience a modern luxman class ab amp (or int amp) is voiced a touch sharper and more upfront than an equivalent accuphase, particularly in the treble and upper mids - luxman sounds a little sharper faster but leaner overall, maybe with a little more bass slam

Funny, I have been at this hobby since I was 12 and I’m 68 now. Younger I loved the upfront treble sound. Now that I have been at this for awhile I enjoy the warm laid back sound. This Accuphase 380 seems to be dead center of warm and upfront presentation. On some songs it sounds like the best amp I ever heard, on others not so great. I guess that is the price up pay for accuracy.