Final Retirement Amplifier-Class A-Upcoming Gryphon Essence Stereo vs Accuphase A75

Thinking about one last major amplification upgrade. Specifically looking at the upcoming Gryphon Essence vs Accuphase A-75 class A amplifiers. 
I realize that the Gryphon Essence has not been released yet, but it is said to sound similar, albeit less powerful, to other more expensive Gryphon class A models. So, it is more a question of the sonic differences of Accuphase vs Gryphon class A amplifiers.  I’d kindly appreciate all opinions. Thank you!
audiobrian

Showing 3 responses by rshad0000

Sorry I've never heard the Accuphase before, but I really like the sound of Gryphon, so I guess that would be my vote. (I own the Diablo 300 but have heard the coliseum multiple times.)  Rich and very transparent with a large soundstage.

Really excited to hear about the new Essence amplifiers coming out!
No offense taken.  Audiobrian - I agree with you and think you are dead on.   The Essence, even though expensive, is at least within my price range and will more than likely have those smooth class A highs, with the Gryphon iron fisted bass control, that I'm looking for.   

BTW - I also have a Octave V80SE, with super black box, which I really like as well.   It doesn't have the bass control or quite the transparency of the Diablo, but its has some terrific sounding mids and highs. 
Audiobrian,
What preamp will you use with your amp?  Will it be the matching pre from Gryphon or Accuphase?
Thx Ryan