Filter capacitor issue

I've been a member for over 10 years and have never posted anything on here so please bear with me. My main system is a Bedini BA-802 solid state amplifier, Music Hall Maverick SACD player, Magnepan MG2.6r speakers, Denon DP-59L turntable with Micro Acoustics MA-2002e cart but I have an issue with a Marantz 2220b receiver that hopefully someone on here can help me with. I bought the receiver with plans to do some simple upgrades ie: replace some caps, etc. and resell it. I When I changed out the large filter caps I inadvertently installed the cap for the left channel backwards. I put both negative terminals on the buss bar. The right channel cap is installed with negative on the buss bar and the left channel cap should have been installed with the positive terminal on the buss bar. Needless to say the left channel cap got angry and blew it's top. After realizing my error I put in a new cap correctly but now the main 2 amp fuse is blowing after about 20 seconds. I'm thinking I may have damaged the power transistors or smaller transistors on the main amp board. The service manual also says to check the thermistors on the amp board. I'm not an electronics tech but my brother is and has been teaching me some basics over the last few months. Unfortunately he's not here to help me out this week so if anyone has any insight into this it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Eddie D.
128x128skymunky57
Thanks for your input. I'm asking for help with troubleshooting with the help of open-minded people with some knowledge that they don't mind sharing with me. If you don't fit that description please don't comment on my post. Thanks.
@skymunky57, try the audiokarma forum.....there are very technical people there.  Not saying there aren't here, but I've noticed a lot of experienced people helping each other out at AK.
Post removed 
Post removed