Fidelity Research FR-64 vs. FR-54

In a prior discussion, I had asked about tonearm suggestions for a Luxman PD-441 table that currently has a Denon DA-307 tonearm and Grado The Reference high output cartridge.  Many suggestions were provided.  A Fidelity Research FR-64 was suggested as a simple replacement.  I'm wondering if the FR-54 would also be good, being that it is mentioned in the Luxman manual in the same category as the Denon arm on there now?
bdunne
"Goofy" may have been my own creation after reading about the damping design of the Denon.  Maybe I should use "unconventional" instead.  In any event, I can't say I have a specific complaint about the Denon arm.  Perhaps it is as good as its going to get.  I was just looking for opportunities to upgrade the sound.  
The DA307 is liked by many. So, my opinion about the damper may hold no water.  On the other hand, the FR64S (don't know about the FR64, unless you meant to refer to the 64S) is liked and admired by even more audiophiles, Raul excluded.  This is not to say Raul is "wrong".  I own both of these tonearms.  I love the FR64S so far, don't hear any problems related to the lack of damping, and I have never used the DA307 (it came as a throw-in, when I bought a Denon DP80).  I sold it (on Audiogon) to some creep who then sent it back to me with a broken cue-ing device, claiming there was a problem with the bearings. I could see his screwdriver marks on the bearing housing, and he made no mention of having broken the cue. It's been lying around my basement ever since.
Let me know if you want to part out the Denon.  I need one of the original side screws on the pivot arm.  Years ago when I had the table looked over and a different cartridge installed, it came back with one of the original screws missing and replaced by something else.  Looks like it came out of someone's toolbox.  Anyway, I would be fine keeping the Denon arm.  It just seemed that so many people suggested that it would be best to replace it.
Dear @lewm : "   I have never used the DA307 .. """

that makes a diference in  your opinion vs mine because I listened the FR 64 and 66 for years in my system even I still own the 64 that I do not use but in good working condition.

As I posted I owned the 307 and other than its very good design and its damping mechanism you can read there that was along the Lustre GST 801 the pioneers of magnetic antiskating mechanism.

You can be sure that Denon knew what the did t not only with its tonearms but with  their items catalogue.

Yes, you as several FR owners like FR tonearms tonearms because its distortion levels but for me the FR ones the only real tonearm characteristic that it has is that can hold a cartridge but for me is only a shiny piece of metal, nothing more.

Regrads and enjoy the music,
R.
Raul, You just couldn't resist the dig about distortion-lovers, could you? Some day you may wake up and realize that your consciousness is not the only one in the universe.  I hope that happens for you, soon. We are not all figments of your imagination.  I expressed my opinion on the DA307 design, not its performance, and my opinion still stands.  For what it's worth, I have indeed heard the DA307, in other systems over my lifetime.  It's certainly not a "bad" tonearm, and I never said it was. As to the FR64S, I am reporting my listening impressions, NOT my opinion of its design.  You say (elsewhere) that you are always learning.  How can you learn anything from anyone else, when your mind is so closed to all other opinion? In fact, can you name one other knowledgable audiophile who derides the FR64S/66S as much as you do?  Perhaps you can name one other than yourself.  I can name 10 who disagree.

Bdunne, Just to be clear, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my DA307.  The guy who returned it was just looking for an excuse.  I sold it to him at a very low price, and I believe he bought it with the idea of flipping it on Audiogon, in order to make a few bucks. When that failed, he looked for a reason to return it.  Since I cannot be bothered with such charlatans, and since the amount of money involved was small, I took it back (and returned his money) in good faith that at least I would get it back intact (with an intact cuing lever).  I have since replaced the lever (it's plastic and therefore easy to break) with a device I built myself, made of metal.  If you want it, you can have it for a low price, but a price that reflects the fact it's in good shape.  My DP80 is and was in mint condition, and so is this DA307.