FEX EX Damaged New Legacy's

I just had to refused shipment on a pair Legacy Foundation subs. They were skidded, stood on end, strapped, and very nicely packaged. But....two big holes in the upper part of the corners revealed a nice blemish/scuff and  indentation on the front of one of the speakers. The Foundations use no grill, so what's visible is going to be REALLY visible. At a list price of 4350.00 dollars a piece you would think whoever checkmarks the damage at Fed Ex would have a look. I say that because the driver admitted his paperwork showed " damaged" ... I took pictures, called my dealer and he's taking care of it. I'm not a bit concerned as Legacy has always been super to deal with. Crap ...... 
nitrobob
I've received several items that were shipped "signature required". They were just left at the door, one damaged the other okay. Maybe it's a COVID thing?
I sell equipment and use FedEx routinely to ship demos out.  One of them is essentially a 50lb egg in a 20x20x20 box.  There was not enough focus made to the tape on the bottom.  The customer confirmed the FedEx driver got it loaded onto the truck but all I got the next day was an empty box delivered.  There was a new piece of tape on the bottom at a diagonal.  Somewhere in their process the bottom flap opened and my $6000 piece of equipment was broken.  They said nothing!!  

I recently had a $15,000 piece of audio equipment shipped to my home from the mfg and their bottom flap had split 90% of the way.  The last inch on both sides was all that was left holding it together.  

I share to all so more focus is placed on bottom flaps.  We always are looking at the top and get it secured but all the force is on the bottom.  Roll those boxes over and secure it really really well!

Insure and hope for the best!
We have been shipping for over 4 decades and have seen the shipping companies change dramatically over the years. The shipping companies focus is now on quantity not quality and the pandemic has made it many times worse. It does not matter if it is UPS or FedEx or any other non commercial shipping company you are shooting craps when it comes to shipping fragile products. For the shipping companies it is all about speed ( and we all know speed kills) not protecting your shipment, you on the other hand want both. Here is how it works - You want to ship your 100 pound amplifier from New York to San Francisco in 3 days for less than a thousand dollars, lets say you do have the factory boxes that are mediocre at best and do not comply with the shipping companies requirements for packing but you send it off anyway how could anything go wrong? The shipping company will handle your package with kid gloves as it is transferred the half a dozen or more times from one transport vehicle to another because they know it is very valuable piece of equipment right? The reality of what happens to your equipment has been posted many times by former or current employees of all the shipping companies, bottom line it ain't nice. You can always file a damage claim if all goes wrong right? Yes that is true but don't expect to get your money unless (1) you packed it according to the companies packing guide lines. (2) You bought damage insurance. (3) You took pictures when you packed the unit. (4) The recipient took pictures of the damaged box before opening and the damaged unit after opening. (5) For any amount over $1,000.00 ( some times less) expect to take the shipper to court if you want your money.
It has gotten so bad during the pandemic that if we ship any high value items we either drive them across country ourselves or we build heavy wooden crates and strap them to an oak pallet with steel straps. Why? Many times pallets are stacked on top of each other to optimize the space inside the truck. Each year shipping damage seems to increase, we are not sure how the manufactures deal with all the shipping damage that occurs to their products every year. 

@Oldhvymch
35,000 Euro for the same updated remote.
We need more info on this!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They are for a Klemm Bohrtechnik foundational drilling rig. They start and tram the unit. They run all the rotary heads and it had a Top Hammer. Clamping and breaking devices. On board flushing system. KR 807D (if I remember) had an automated casing and drill steel handler. There is an easy 120 functions with plenty of room for more.

That’s not the trick. They work in grout all day long. They drop those remotes IN the grout all the time.. They wash the remoted with a cold pressure washer.. They keep working.. With or without cable either or..

LOL The guy actually had one stolen out of his PU 8-10 years ago it was 28K. I almost passed out.. FROM 8k the time before. If I remember the exchange the first time was 100 EU was 80 USD the second time the exchange almost doubled 1.50 usd for a single EU. 35k is an estimate. I bet I'm real close..

German made remote system if I remember. Maybe Swiss..