Fess Up How much have you spent on this Hobby??

Well, I've had the audio bug since I was a teenager and I witnessed first hand the emergence of high end audio as it was introduced in the market by manufacturers such as Audio Research, McIntosh, Crown, Revox and many others. I couldn't get enough of it and even went to Hope, Arkansas to meet Paul Klipsch in person. I (of course) had an analog rig for decades before getting into digital. I've changed out systems multiple times and have now incorporated HT into the mix as well. All told, I probably have spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 150K or more at this point... and really have no regrets!! Hard to imagine life without the world's greatest music. A blessing of the highest order!
brauser

Showing 2 responses by zephyr24069

It's all relative to where people are at various points in life,....amounts spent are usually a factor of the 'right' set of circumstances all lining up just right to allow for higher-end purchases (those at higher price points). In retrospect, alot of money has been spent (here) on going through different revs of equipment, and particularly on power options including conditioners, cords, interconnects, etc...from many manufacturers. Doing it all over again,...I'd try to be much smarter about the spend aspect on cables and power-level gear as there were many decisions along the way that could have been done much better. Another big 'sink' has been the years I spent trying to have a killer hybrid HT and 2-channel system which I accomplished at the time however, there was alot that went over the transom to have killer HT that I wish I could have back ;-)

Then there is the money spent following the current 'popular wave' of opinions posted on various forums or 'that dealer or friend' who seemed to know so much but wound up causing a lot of money to be spent on 'that brand...' that in retrospect was pure foolishness on my part to have listened...

As for actual amount...all I can say is that WAF is not high here so I like the amnesia factor and its influence in that aspect of life coupled with someone's response earlier on the thread that everything costs about $1500 LOL!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Syntax: You are my hero :-)! Bit of divorce humor...how do you know you are "flukked"? Answer: you find yourself in the state of MA. sitting in front of a mediator and you hear the phrase, "....the lifestyle you've allowed me to become accustomed to...." and the judge is a woman in most Probate matters"! Never again if I can help it....

MikeL: Good morning Sir,...hope you are well! I can relate; but I admit I think about it 2 times per year to be sure,...whenever we pass out the new sales quotas and I figure out how far about quota I want to be to justify the next purchase!

Have a great Easter everyone!