Feelings when listening Rel ST Series subwoofers

Hello

I'd like to know your feelings or sensations when listening different models of Rel ST series in stereo (Strata, Storm, Stadium and Stentor). I know the specs: deeper bass and more power with superior models.

But what have you really felt? I use 'feel' since the differences are in the sub-bass frequencies, which are said we can not listen to.

Thank you.
mavilla

Showing 1 response by mt10425

I have an Art of Sound (which uses a REL clone amp and simliar Peerless drivers) sub. I use mine for both 2-channel and HT. This hooks up the same way also with Speakon and low level inputs connected simultaneously. It is awsome with music, meaning it adds well-defined bass to my Tannoys which go down to about 35HZ. With HT, it does not "shake the foundation", however it adds impact in a very accurate, believable way. There are times when the bass is low enough that it can be felt, although not in any painful way (no kidney damage). The impact will get your attention, but not in an overbearing manner. It blends so well with the R/L for music that the Tannoys sound even better. Unless you're trying to annoy people in another city with the bass volume, the REL's and Art of Sound and some others are engineered so well that you shouldn't feel deprived with either music or HT.