FEEDBACK ON B.A.T. VK-200 -VS-AYRE V-3

B.A.T.VK-200-VS-AYRE V-3,HOW DO THEY COMPARE SONICALLY,THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP,AL
alfred
Al - This question has alot to do with the speakers your using and also the type of music you listen to. I have auditioned the Ayre amp and the BAT VK-500 (not 200) in my system. I have Martin Logan speakers. The Ayre and the Martin Logans hated each other. The music was hard and irritating. The BAT was a perfect match for the MLs. If you don't have ML's and listen to rock, pop, etc, the Ayre might be a better amp. It has a huge soundstage with good pace and rythem. If you listen more to jazz or classical, the BAT may be the best choice. The BAT is very musical with great bass, good detail and somewhat of a tubelike presentation. I am a huge fan of BAT gear. I listened to the Ayre with a pair of Maggies I have set up in another room just to make sure nothing was wrong with the amp.E-mail if any questions.
There is a BAT VK200 on sale at www.audioshopper.com for $1400 shipped. Seems like a great deal.
actually i just was able to a-b these two amps in my (all BAT) system. the BAT had a lot more deep bass and overall had a warmer sound (more romantic). the ayre was cooler and more refined. the soundstage was a little deeper and closer, not as laid back as the BAT. questions? e-mail me.