Fee for home audition

I am in the market for a music server/streamer. I was discussing with one of the authorized dealers for a streamer. He had a demo unit and was willing to bring to my home for an hour and let me try. He is located around 10-15 minutes from my home. He wants to charge 5% for home demo. Is this the industry standard? I am not meaning to disparage anyone so not going to name the dealer. I am just trying to see what the standard practice is. 

svenjosh

@svenjosh 

@ghasley, do you use almpifi alien meshwork as Wi-Fi extender and connect to Ethernet or do you use usb dongle?

I have three Aliens in my home and use them as a wifi extender. The “main” alien is connected at my main router via an ethernet cable, the others connect to the main alien via wifi.  Next, ethernet cables from the other aliens to a component in each of those rooms. In one system, I have an audiophile switch between the wifi connected alien and the component. Im pleased, YMMV

@nyev I noticed that when I listen to classical, especially Piano or Violin (any E concerto), the sound is a bit bright in the 4fs mode. I change to original (the NOS mode is called original in Grimm) and the slight tinge of brightness is gone. The NOS mode sounds amazing in these types of music. This may also be due of my system. The quality of recordings also plays a role. So it’s not universally bright with these types of music.
Any acoustic music (think jazz) sounds phenomenal in 4fs mode. In fact, at the risk of sounding hyperbolic, I would say that if Jazz is your primary genre of choice, Grimm with 4fs is outstanding and I cannot imagine anything regardless of price sounding better. 

@ghasley Again thank you sharing in detail. I have Ethernet wiring from my main to the audio room as it doubles as my home theater room. So I am connecting my router directly to Grimm. I may try the USB dongle for wireless. 

Gents Iam sorry sir , the OP is not talking entitlement. Me myself I’ve been Audiophile for 30 plus yrs , I only give my credit card to the dealer when I loan gear unknown to the dealer though , no relationship as well .He disagree on the fee that’s it. He found onother dealer and done. Life goes on , enjoy this hobby and the music.