Fedex Warning: $100 Limit Insurance on Ground

When I went to Fedex today, I was told that there is a new policy. Any electronics or computer equipment sent ground will only be insured up to $100.

I was ready to go into convulsions! The reason I was given is that there have been "too many claims and losses" so that is what they decided to do.

So, the lower shipping prices of Fedex Ground over UPS Ground are now useless. I find it amazing that they could even legally deny insurance on expensive items.

Considering that their ground treatment of packages was really no better than UPS, I can see why they had so many losses. I certainly hope UPS doesn't follow suit, and do the same.

Now, not only do our packages receive abuse from the shippers, so do we...
saxo

Showing 1 response by driver

I received an interesting shipment last week. I ordered two processors for our computers & when FedX showed up at the door, I mentioned it looked like someone had been playing basketball with the box. I wasn't too worried, as the processors are in a little plastic box about 2" x 2" & the shipping box was 12" x 14". She looks at the box & says, "I didn't even see the hole". Now I'm thinking what hole? She entered this information in her keypad, I signed for it & sat down to open the box. The processors were fine but there was another package inside mine. Apparently, this other package, which was a tape sent overnight priority, got forced into my package. Upon closer examination of the hole in the side of my box, it was torn large enough for the tape to be forced in.

This is so weird! My dog was just barking & I went to see who was outside. The FedX truck just pulled up with the same driver across the street. I took the box over there & told her what happened. She thought it interesting, just like I did.

Oh well, just thought I'd mention this strange incident for your reading pleasure.