Favorite Preamps without phono section

Just looking for any quality recommended preamps without any phono section.    I use one of my 2 phono preamps exclusively (mostly my Herron VTPH-2A).   And I use the DACs in my Oppo — 2 ESS Technology ES9038PRO DACs.

Really just looking to see if it’s worth seeking out a preamp that maximizes sonic quality/purity, without any wasted feature-sets that add cost, take up space & add weight, complicate the circuit path(s), etc.

Thanks,

Jim

jhajeski

My Zesto Leto just came back from Zesto and after having the ESP upgrade it's even better than when it was built .   This pre is "next level" in my opinion , it sounds incredible. 

Unlikely I will ever part with ....it's arguably the best component I've owned to date.  When the time comes to get back I to vinyl I will be looking for a used Zesto phono pre.   Stuff is good !!!!!    Best customer service I have ever experienced too.     

+1 Zesto Leto II although Herron's Reference line stage would be the obvious choice.

You don't describe what you mean by "wasted feature-sets". If by that you mean basically a remote controlled volume and selector switch then all the recommendations so far, including mine, would be invalid.

With that said, I would upgrade your DAC first, You may find that with a very good digital source, you may be satisfied with the line stage or preamp that you currently own.

Since you already know what Herron has to offer, the VTSP-360 seems like an obvious choice. I love mine. 

It’s not a big expensive fancy pants brand but the audio by van alsten tube pre amp is no frills and sounds great to my humble ears…