Favorite integrated amp?

I`m researching integrated amps for my first system (either tubes, hybrid or ss). My budget is fairly open but let`s say...$1200-$1700 (used). I`d like some in-put from those of you who use int. amps in your system. I`d also like to hear what the rest of your gear is and why you like your particular amp.

I enjoy "old rock"...jazz...choral, and some classical.
capt369

Showing 1 response by gmorse1066

I have a Bel Canto eVo2i integrated and love it. They are fairly rare, but I think there is one being advertised right now. It is basically the eVo 200.2 power amp and the Pre-1 preamp in a single chassis, with one of the preamp gain stages removed. If you like the Bel Canto class-T amp sound, which I think is incredibly balanced across the frequency spectrum, you'd like this. The preamp section adds is very transparent. Power amp output is 120 wpc in to 8 ohms, 200 wpc in to 4 ohms. If you want more details, you should check out the review at www.6moons.com. I think SoundStage is going to be reviewing it soon as well.

The Meridian you are considering is a great unit. I would also recommend the Wadia 830. Great sound . . very quick and detailed, but not gratingly so.

Whatever you decide, good luck with your audio quest!