Favorite 300B: Sophia vs KR

Which do you prefer; S.E.T. Princess 300B Carbon Plate or KR 300B WE Clone?

I've only experienced NOS 40's/50's WE so my expectations are pretty high. Which do you think captures the essence of the WE most closely? I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible so EAT is not an option, as much as I was blown away by their KT88. I considered current WE but they're not in production until Spring 2011.

-
sakahara
Has anyone found a source for the Takatsuki TA-300b ? Amtrans can no longer export them to the US.
Did Amtrans give an explanation?

The US importer is

Axiss Audio
17800 South Main Street, Suite 109
Gardena, CA 90248
Tel. (310) 329-0187
Amtrans said they were not permitted to export to the US after the end of 2012. They would be happy to sell the tubes in Japan but could not ship to the US.
Maxmad,
I realized that this thread has been inactive for a while, but oh well.Are you still using AVVT in your Cary amp? I've been using the AVVT 32b SL for the last several weeks and honestly, this is a wonderful 300b. We have different amplifiers so just interested in your impressions. One of my Takatsukis failed (extremely rare per the company with 1, 000 pairs sold so far).Amtrans has been responsive and is sending a replacement pair under their warranty.

I really look forward to comparing the Takatsuki with the AVVT 32b SL.Physically these two 300b look nothing alike and very likely use different construction and materials. Yet both are clearly successful sonically.
According to Jac (Jac Music Germany) this model AVVT has a 40, 000 hour lifespan!
Hi Charles1dad

Yes, still use them, they are one of the best out there, build like a tank and if you have the correct production year, something like after 1999?, they must be problem free, however, they still tubes after all and can stop working just like that anyway and this is the biggest problem, if you compare to present production, you can't get replacement pair, unless you bought from dealer and they are dead within the warranty term, but like I said, they are running out soon, so, dead is dead:-(

I own KR Tubular type as well, which are AVVT made, but KR branded, and I am bit spare on 32B's as they will be harder to get pretty soon.

I think Takatsuki will be more delicate / bloomy vs 32B's, which are linear.

Regarding amp been used. I am convinced that in some amps tubes do not make that huge difference as in my Cary for example. The one I am talking about is Zanden 7000, which no longer made, but Royal Sophia's were great there, while in my Cary they were so so, if not less. Actually, AVVT's and KR's I own sound best in my Cary and if I had the free cash, I would buy another pair of 32B's

Let us know about AVVT vs Takatsuki's please.

THX