Fault in Complete Live at Village Vanguard 1961 CD

I just received the 3-CD set of remastered Bill Evans Trio Village Vanguard sets. On the second track of the first CD, "Gloria's Step," there is a 3-second gap of missing music that starts at 1 min 8 sec into the track. I've looked at the AIFF file with a sound editor, and there it is--a gap with no sound data.

Does anyone else have this flaw on their CD?
jayboard

Showing 1 response by jayboard

Now I see that the title to this take has "(Interrupted)" in it, so now it seems obvious. But already being familiar with the original Sunday At The Village Vanguard and Waltz For Debbie, I was eager to listen to the restored works. Reading liner notes and such could come later, so I didn't make any connection. LOL.

I immediately rip every CD I get to my hard drive in my Cray computer. That's why it was easy to look at the track using my NASA software that was originally designed to analyze spectral interference from twin stellar objects. BTW, the gap section is not dead flat. There is a little bit of audio content. It's a little early to tell, but I think I can make out "The walrus is Paul." (But which Paul?)

J