Fault in Complete Live at Village Vanguard 1961 CD

I just received the 3-CD set of remastered Bill Evans Trio Village Vanguard sets. On the second track of the first CD, "Gloria's Step," there is a 3-second gap of missing music that starts at 1 min 8 sec into the track. I've looked at the AIFF file with a sound editor, and there it is--a gap with no sound data.

Does anyone else have this flaw on their CD?
jayboard
It's not a flaw. Rather than analyzing the dics through your Cray computer did you by chance happen to read the informative little booklet that came with this wonderful set? If you didn't, maybe you should. I won't tell you on which page the Gloria's mystery is explained ...
It is not a flaw in the cd it was a flaw "WHILE RECORDING in 1961". I believe if you read the liner notes/booklet it covers it. That's why that track did not make it to album. Peace.
I don't have the set you are asking about, but since you don't seem to be getting any response I'll tell you this in case it helps--I have the Coltrane 61 Village Vangard set and there are several places in this set where it sounds like there are tape dropouts. I'm not familiar with the data analysis tools you are using, so I don't know if my comment is of any relevance or not. Good luck! Hope someone who owns your set responds
have the same problem with my disc....the rest play fine. Still a fine selection of jazz despite the flaw.

happy listening
Now I see that the title to this take has "(Interrupted)" in it, so now it seems obvious. But already being familiar with the original Sunday At The Village Vanguard and Waltz For Debbie, I was eager to listen to the restored works. Reading liner notes and such could come later, so I didn't make any connection. LOL.

I immediately rip every CD I get to my hard drive in my Cray computer. That's why it was easy to look at the track using my NASA software that was originally designed to analyze spectral interference from twin stellar objects. BTW, the gap section is not dead flat. There is a little bit of audio content. It's a little early to tell, but I think I can make out "The walrus is Paul." (But which Paul?)

J
I knew it! I freakin' knew it!
I immediately rip every CD I get to my hard drive in my Cray computer. That's why it was easy to look at the track using my NASA software that was originally designed to analyze spectral interference from twin stellar objects. BTW, the gap section is not dead flat. There is a little bit of audio content. It's a little early to tell, but I think I can make out "The walrus is Paul." (But which Paul?)