Fan on Amp Unbeatable

So, I have an older amp from the 70s. It's a solid state amp and the fan is so loud it's distracting. It's my first largest solid-state amp. I've been using tube amps for the last 15 plus years. I can't imagine fans are supposed to be overwhelming Lee loud. Has anybody else ran into this kind of issue and if so, how did you fix it?
pawlowski6132
@mike_in_nc : "The noise reduces the S/N ratio tremendously."

Ah, it had to come out. How can those who obsess about power scrubbers, springs, ceramic feet, power cables and aluminum foil hats not be appalled by whirring electric motors with blades next to, on top of or inside their multi-thousand dollar components that can't keep themselves cool enough to survive in typical climate controlled homes?
I've used laptop coolers to set the equipment on. Mine had funky lights which were promptly disabled. I think they had adjustable speeds also.
FWIW, I just opened the top to see if I cold easily disconnect the fan. Amp is now for sale on Audiogon.
I set one of these on top of my AR LS-16 tube pre-amp and it really keeps things cool even on the lowest fan speed:

https://www.acinfinity.com/component-usb-fans/multifan-s2-quiet-usb-cooling-blower-120mm/

So, I bought two of them to set on top of my solid state Proceed HPA2 amp. It has two huge heat sink openings that draw from underneath.

With the two fans on low the aluminum heat sink hardly even feels warm.

So the question is this: is there any chance of a SS or tube component running too cool?