External hard drives and sound quality

I've just about filled up the internal hard drive on my Macbook with music files and am now looking at external hard drive options. Was wondering whether folks report any difference in sound quality when playing files from an external drive versus the internal?

I'm especially interested in hearing people's experiences using wireless hard drives. An Apple rep told me it would be no problem, as the hard drive wouldn't directly interface with the USB output, but I of course always like to be skeptical of anything an Apple rep says.
coverto
I have another question concerning external hard drives and sound quality. What if I was using a USB DAC without external power? Will a hard drive on another USB port affect the voltage given to my DAC which in turn can degrade sound quality?
From my experience of external hard drives I have went for SSD drives because they produce far less jitter than the old platter type drives as they have no moving parts. Also I would use USB with a reclocker as that is also far superior to wireless but good luck in whatever you chose because you shall come up against many detractors as that is the way of the beast I'm afraid.