Experience with Coincident Speaker Wire?

Hello,

I have Sim Audio Components connected to Magnepan 3.6/R speakers. I recently have been auditioning a variety of interconnect cables, and found the Coincident CST IC to be the best compromise in my system for the money. If anything, just a tad towards the "hot" side of neutral. But very well balanced, indeed. I will be purchasing these.

Now I know my speaker cables need replacing, and am wondering about the TRS. Maggie owners usually recommend biwire to avoid the nasty jumpers and internall connections within the single-wire connector on the Maggie Xover. I think Magneplanar recommends biwire also for their speakers.

I am wondering:

1) Can anyone share their experiences with Magnepan speakers and the TRS cables(or cheaper CST 1 cables)? Is this a good marriage? Should I use bananas on the speakers and spades on the amp for maximum connections.

2) Do you think going for the internally biwire configuration will help with the Maggies. Mr Blume of Coincident generally doesn't recommend biwire per other posts. I asked him specifically about my setup in email, but he just responded with the price of biwire and ignored my questions...so I need more help.

3) Any other alternatives within the price-range of <$1000 for speaker cables?

I appreciate any help and/or advise

Jim
jt25741

Showing 1 response by jt25741

Thanks Rlb61,

I appreciate your taking the time to comment. By chance did you consider the TRS cable, or was it not out yet? Have you heard anything about it? Other than a relatively positive Soundstage review, I haven't heard really very much about it by anyone.

It seems that nearly everybody using Coincident Products runs them with Tube gear of some kind. I am wondering if overall it(Coincident cables/speakers/etc...) would tend to be too bright for many solid state setups. Thoughts about this?

Thanks again!