Expectations for warranty repair timing

All,

I've had a piece of audio gear back with a manufacturer for repair for a month, and want to solicit feedback here on what constitutes an appropriate turnaround time for warranty repair.  This isn't stipulated in the warranty paperwork, and there doesn't appear to be any guidance on this from consumer advocacy organizations, so I'm turning to you all to make sure my expectations are in the right place.  

A month (or more, we'll see) doesn't feel like a reasonable wait time to me, and it doesn't help that my periodic requests for updates have been met with dismissiveness.  Regardless, I'd appreciate hearing from others who have had similar experiences. 

Thanks!
lousyreeds1
Post removed 
I went through the exact three month same wait for a Marantz SA11S1 "repair" only to have Marantz eventually throw in the towel and admit they couldn't provide repair parts for it because the laser assembly was no longer available and the engineers couldn't come up with an alternative. Not much a manufacturer can do when the subcontractor quits making parts for them. Unfortunately, a retail purchaser has no way of knowing if this sort of situation will arise at some time in the future. 
This is a small but established company with a loyal following and lots of reviews online.  There's no dealer to fall back on - they sell direct.  If it were an issue of locating parts or something else specific that's delaying things, that's fine - I'd just like to know what's going on and what timeline I should expect.  As with many things, respectful communication is the key, and on that front I've been disappointed.
some warranty work is for a 3 month old unit from the original owner, some is for an 18 year old unit from a second owner - guess this might make a difference also...
If you purchased your unit from a Dealer, request a loaner while your unit is in for repair