Exemplar-Denon 2900 tube audio output not working

Sometimes, not always, I have problems with the left tube audio output channel of my Exemplar-Denon 2900. I hear noise and not music. Meanwhile the right tube audio output channel sounds fine (in fact, it sounds great). Today I opened the cd-player and I changed the tubes and the problem remains the same. When I opened the player I could notice that the board where the tubes are placed on has two pairs of red led lights, one pair in front of each tube, when connected, one pair of the red leds light is on but the other one isn´t.

One more thing, the solid state left output channel sound OK. In fact, I connect the right channel to the right tube output and the left channel to the left solid state channel so I can get a a part of that great tube sounding John Tucker could achieve.

If anybody has any idea on how to solve this matter, please let me know. I emailed John Tucker, of Exemplar, twice and had no reply at all
jesusa0

Showing 3 responses by jesusa0

Finally, I could talk to John Tucker by the phone and he offered to send the parts needed to fix the problem in my Exemplar-Denon that a local tech,finally, could figure it out.

He proved to be a gentleman and very helpful to me as I´m living in Spain.

John does, not only, makes great products, he also supports them. As we say in Spain: "no te deja tirado".

Thanks to Tvad and Warrenh for their advice.
Yesterday I spoke to John again just to know that parts were on their way to Spain.

Also, he offered assistance to get the problem with the Exemplar-Denon solved.

As I told before: a true gentleman, and as you said: "a good guy".

I´ll let you know when the Exemplar-Denon is back at home again.
Ok. The Exemplar-Denon is at home back again.

Sounding as good as the first day.

Now I´m listening to the Billy Cobham "Spectrum" DVD audio and it´s amazing. You know I had the vinyl album in early seventies -I used to listen to it on a mono player with one speaker-, then the CD, but this DVD audio thru de Exemplar, plus an Unison Research S6 amp, two Yamaha NS-10M monitors and a ACI-Maestro Subwoofer, is heaven.

Finally, thank you all, specially John Tucker.