Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense

Showing 4 responses by grr6001

Just my 2 cents,

I received my speakers Tuesday.
They are gorgeous & let it be know I also own the Evolution MM3's.
I have the luxury of using mine with both high end equipment
(darTZeel) & some moderate mono blocks ( Odyssey ).
My opinions will be posted as some time passes on both systems. I want to allow for a bit of break-in.

Having said all of this, these do sound very very good right out of the box. I was pleasantly surprised!!! NO not really, I knew they would be of high caliper.
I'm really amazed at how low these baby's go for such small drivers. Are the the last word in the lower octave compared to the MM3's, well no but they will surprise you.

Highly recommended & more to come as I'm sure others will chime in as they set theirs up.

Congrats JT & Kevin.

Gary
Recroon,

I would suggest Giving them a call. Much quicker response I'm sure.
You will find the phone # on their site or go to Chambers Audio.com. I know JT is very busy these days but is usually very responsive & helpful.

As for putting them in a 20x30x8. Yes they will work but much depends on associated gear & expectations. My room is 22x33x8 & I've encountered no problems using them in my dedicated room. Of course I have not played them at ear bleeding levels either but I have pushed them a bit.
Good Luck,

Thanks
Gary
iknev,

you would be pleasantly surprised how well these speakers do in the bass region as well at the lower volumes.
do they did as deep (20hz down) as my main system, no, but these gems just get it right. the bass is well defined & solid. i highly recommend them.
i had 2 of my friends over for a listen & they both sold their main speakers to purchase the micro one's. I'm talking about speakers that were in the 20K + range.
good luck, you will no be disappointed!
I also agree that it's a loosing cause for the owner to participate in these opinionated discussions. The bias & agendas of some are just not worth the bother.

Let the product speak for itself, which the EA's do extremely well.
As I'm sure the majico's do. I have only heard the Q1's in there line up. I have to disagree with sereotapei.. IMHO, the mm3's just destroy the Q1's in every way. Don't get me wrong the Q1's are a nice speaker & well built I found them on the dry side of the scale.
Sorry you had a bad experience with EA but mine have been flawless.

What I have a problem with is Ack's comments.
Now Ack, I'm sure your a nice guy & I mean no harm here
but to say:

(Consider this version of events I heard... "Customer" is actually recruited as an investor, likes what he hears, invests, sells the Q7s because he has to, these stories are used to promote EA products over Magico.)

This is just a crazy statement & I doubt very seriously this would happened.

Also, your sources? Are these guys on the internet that made these statements? Do you personally know them or are we just assuming they are creditable?

As I stated up top there is just to much personal bs & agendas of some of these guys to believe everything they post. Lets deal in actual facts & just let our government spew the bs!

Let OUR ears be the judge & form your own opinions on what to buy. Not someones agenda!