Ethernet Clocking

i had previously reported that adding an Antelope 10m rubidium clock to the Etherregen results in major tightening of soundstage and location of individual instruments. To my great surprise adding filtering on the BNC 75 Ohms connection between clock and Etherregen results in substantial additional benefits. The filter used is a Mini-Circuits BLP-10.7-75+ DCto11MHZ model.

We are only beginning to understand how to maintain clean clocking on digital connections, it is of paramount importance to SQ.

antigrunge2

@antigrunge2 

I always appreciated your contributions here. But honestly, I’ve lost track of all gazillion tweaks you have reported :-) It would be helpful for readers to learn about all the components in your system.  Why not post your system in Virtual Systems? 

@lalitk,

you are right, however my system is somewhat idiosyncratic and the result of a continuous improvement process over many years.

It goes something like this:

Digital: Router on LPS->DXE Pro Ethernet filter->Ethernet Cat8->Uptone Etherregen driven by Antelope Audiophile 10m with Mini Circuits filter on Sommercable 75ohm BNC and ZeroZone 2020 LPS->Meicord Opal->Innuos Zenith Mk3 on Gingko Audio platform on Black Ravioli Pads on Nordost Brahma PC->custom 2-prong signal and 5v USB cable->Intona Isolator->Intona Reference USB->Antelope Zodiac Platinum on Black ravioli pads driven by Antelope Audiophile 10m clock on dual Sommercable 75 Ohm BNC (Platinum,5v USB and clock supplied by Sean Jacobs DC3/4 LPS on Nordost Valhalla

Analogue: Scheu Das Laufwerk2 Slate wall mounted with Dynavector DV507 Mk2 with Millenium Carbon Headshell and Cartridgeman Isolator and Teres Audio Verus Rim Drive on Nordost Brahma-> Zyx Universe Cu-Lo->Auditorium23 Phono->Bob’s Devices Altec Lansing TBB-663 SUT->Zyx Artisan Phono->Zodiac Platinum

Downstream: dual Auditorium23/ Sommercable Epilogue RCAs (Schroeder Method)-> Wavac EC300b (EAT300b, Svetlana Winged-C 6L6 GC, Mad Scientist, EAT and Duende Criatura Dampers) on Nordost Valhalla, Gingko Audio platform and Black Ravioli Big II footers->Auditorium23 speaker Cable->Bybee Golden Goddess Speaker Bullets->Stein Music Speaker Match->Audioprism Ground Control-> Duevel Bella Luna Speakers with Murata ES 103b on Symposium Svelte Shelf on Final Daruma MkII feet

Upstream: Separate spur with Akiko Gold Stick on Junction box->Russ Andrews fuseless socket->Isotek Vision GII->Acoustic Revive Reference II->2x Acoustic Revive RTP-4, WA QuantumTuning Chips on all power, USb and RCA connections.

Acoustic Revive Ethernet and USB filters, shorting plugs on all unused RCA and balanced connections,fuses by ACME, Furutech and Hifi Tuning

So, it’s all a bit complicated and often the devil is in the detail.

Hope this helps you understand my continued journey.

@sns,

cheap switches don’t have good clocks and I am afraid that’s what you heard. I am no friend of additional devices and connections unless it’s clear why they contribute