Ethernet Cables, do they make a difference?

I stream music via TIDAL and the only cable in my system that is not an "Audiophile" cable is the one going from my Gateway to my PC, it is a CAT6 cable. Question is, do "Audiophile" Ethernet cables make any difference/ improvement in sound quality?

Any and all feedback is most appreciated, especially if you noted improvements in your streaming audio SQ with a High-End Ethernet cable.

Thanks!
grm
grm
Hello to all.

To sum it up, what I have learned is my system may have a problem, because performing a listening test (see my previous post), my friend and I both noticed a "difference in SQ for the better" when using a CAT7 compared to a CAT5e. My non-audiophile friend described it best as saying the CAT7 was "smoother sounding". I'll just leave it at that.

Can all of us please end this subject on this last note.

I thank all of you for your interest in this subject and I think we have gone full circle at this time.

Cheers!

jinjuku

geoffkait “Once again it looks like we’re faced with the likelihood that there is no such thing as a scientifically valid listening test. There are too many variables in the case of long term listening to be able to definitively conclude anything about the device under test. If someone can’t hear it in a short term test there’s no guarantee he can hear it in a long term test.”

Interesting so all the people that are saying they hear differences in data cabling aren’t hearing anything.

>>>>I’m not saying that at all. Please don’t shove words down my throat. Think back. I’m saying negative results are not meaningful for the rather obvious reason that there are too many things that can go wrong with the test, even one that is presumably well thought out. Mistakes happen. Positive results, on the other hand, are positive IN SPITE OF ALL THE REASONS WHY THE TEST MIGHT HAVE FAILED. Follow?

Michael do you even understand how async, Ethernet based audio works?

When I start playing a song, pull the Ethernet cable, and the song plays on for the duration, like it does with Tidal, what effect is the cable having?

My offer even extends to you at your shop. 
Post removed 
“When I start playing a song, pull the Ethernet cable, and the song plays on for the duration, like it does with Tidal, what effect is the cable having?”

There won’t be any music to play if there was no cable between the switch and renderer to begin with....so by pulling Ethernet cable proves nothing 😉