ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2

@antigrunge2  What heavy error correction?

Certainly, I am not an expert on D/A conversions, never said I was. But please do explain how a ethernet cable impacts the noise in the DAC. It's what I asked of @nonoise and he certainly couldn't come up with anything.

@fredrik222 : Copper Ethernet connections can be affected by jitter, phase noise, and leakage current. Meaning those can "travel" through copper and reach your DAC or streamer, and potentially impact them. At least in theory (of course, you don’t have to try it). For more technical explanation, you can read this (too many words, I know :-):

@thyname  lol. Yeah, that one. Do you want me to dissect it and tell you exactly where UpTone is wrong? Happy to do so, again. But the easiest thing to ask UpTone or anyone else is, show that these issues exists in residential applications of Ethernet, and show that whatever product you insert fixes them. You are at very very technical level that is all very easily measured. 

And it completely discounts still that whatever you put in your system at home have 0 impact on what is upstream. And there are a lot more devices upstream than there are in your network.