ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2

@jerrybj like him all you want, doesn’t change that he doesn’t know a thing about Ethernet. He can’t answer basic question about articles he claim supports his point. 

Oh Dear, well I guess I'll take a rain check on the purchase of a couple of Shunyata Omega ethernet cables then 😜

Fredrik222 is trying to prove a negative. That is impossible to do.  At least, so far in history no one has succeeded in that.  I hear a difference.  Others hear a difference while some do not.  My wife does not hear a difference.  I accept that and she accepts that I do.  

Our cat will sit in front of the speakers when I play jazz but gets up and leaves if I put on Eric Clapton- every time.  What’s he trying to say?

@fredrik222,

I can’t but find your argument pompously principled: Has the thought occured to you that heavy error correction in itself causes noise from the processor as well as time allignment issues?. You seem to have no knowledge of D/A conversion issues in audio applications.