ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2

Head on down the cable deniers rabbit hole.

My gear sounds awesome with every improvement I made.

Have a great day. 

@rudyb

Bingo we’ve another winner. Your post as mine will do little, forget digital and measurable facts, many will hear what they want. As most I believe in the brain, ear correlation. I’d also believe great earbuds in space but I’d sure as F… want to see Scientific and Digital fact on paper before you slingshotted me up there. And of course the only burning in is out the A.. end, start to finish !

Cheers

If you are using ethernet to connect to a DAC, I recommend that your communicate with the manufacturer.  For example, DCS recommends an Unshielded CAT 5 cable rather than a potentially more expensive and in particular shielded cable.  In fact, they recommend AGAINST a CAT 6, 7 or 8 shielded cable.  They explained to me that the reason is the design of their circuit-- what they do with the incoming signal (voltage).  

Another + on Blue Jeans Ethernet cable I didn't think ethernet could make a difference at all decided to give BJ a try cause they were cheap $17 for a 1M cable bought two and got a nice increase in clarity from a lower noise floor.