Essence Electrostatic Speakers...A Bold Statement

I found this on their facebook page...A Bold Statement!! Their "entry level" $$$3500 system can't be outperformed by ANY other SYSTEM on the PLANET...at ANY PRICE!!

http://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/the-frugal-audiophile/
hifisoundguy

Showing 7 responses by zd542

I've been doing this my whole life and thought I'd seen it all. That guy is on crack.
"09-22-15: Cleeds
It's just hype, which is nothing new, and no worse than the "Perfect Sound Forever" claim."

I don't know about that one. At least Sony was talking about the actual product they were trying to sell you. And back in 1982, they probably believed that statement to be true.

With the company the OP mentions, it sounds like they make audio equipment as a platform to push their political agenda. You can't help but think they would rather have you read their sales literature than buy their equipment.
"10-02-15: Hifisoundguy
Johnnyb53: Box speakers SOUND BOXY and those crossover caps just colors the sound..."A LOT"!.. {"The BEST Crossover caps is NO Crossover CAPS"}..SAD, BUT TRUE!!"

If you know what you're doing, you can get around those problems fairly easily.
No matter what I say, you'll just keep talking, so I won't waste my time. I'll just make 1 quick point.

"09-22-15: Andrew9405
Hifisoundguy also espoused Bose 901 as the world's best speaker a few years ago in these forums.
I would take this just as seriously. "

I know I can do better than that.
IMHO, I believe the correct phrase for trying figure out claims such as this is "Pissing in the wind".
I don't see how you can go wrong. The company that makes them fully endorses them. 0 risk in my book.
"10-23-15: Hifisoundguy
Some members from Space Coast Audio Society in Central Florida is going to go Demo these all new Audiostatic speakers when Essence gets a pair in to demo!"

Post when the shuttle lands and tell us how things went up there.