ESOTERIC X-03 VS. AYRE C5XE

I am looking for an SACD player with great redbook as well.
My price range is $5000.00 with a $7500.00 maximum. It seems nearly impossible to hear the Esoteric X-03 along
with the Ayre C5XE. I'd prefer to buy after hearing both together. Has anybody out there heard the two together, or
personally owns either and can venture their opinion as to the quality of sound that each produces?
kjl

Showing 1 response by ben954

(I wonder if the used market on 'gon is any indication of an equipments performance. Case in point, there's quite a few Esoteric's being sold in the used market and almost none of the C5xe or Ayre equipment for that matter. The assumption I have about this observation is that C5xe owners are happier and are keeping their equipment compared to Esoteric owners who are selling their equipment who might have had failed expectations or feel they can do better with another equipment.) Maybe Esoteric just sales allot more players?. Plus Teac is not as picky on there dealers as ayre sow there is a lot more Esoteric dealers. just a thought. Golfish. :) The ESOTERIC X-03 would be my choice.