Esoteric PS-0, Metronome Kalista, Burmester 969 ?

All these underneath CD transports are world contenders, pls vote from this 4 underneath only:
Esoteric PS-0, Metronome Kalista, Burmester 969, CEC TL-0X ?
rademaker

Showing 2 responses by audiofun

I agree with Trendy. My uncle sold a Kalista not too long ago. It was one of the best transports he ever owned even trumping his CEC TLO MK II BUT his PS Audio P.W.T./P.W.D. beat both of them. He is now considering going the mac imac as music server route. I have already sold my transports and gone strait to music files, in most cases, it simply sounds better than any transport I have ever used/owned, in some cases the transport equals the music server. I would never drop big dollars on a transport as the writing is on the wall, but to each his own :)
I have listened to analog tape on some very very expensive (huge) pro mastering reel to reel unit and I bought my first SACD (SCD-1) in 1998. SACD in my opinion is a dead format, and reel to reel is something I can't be bothered with. Hi-res files all the way and the occasional LP session will do it for me. I am not big into LP's as I have found my Bidat to be more desirable for playback than Lp's most of the time.