Esoteric K-03X vs Accuphase DP-720

I’m looking for a new CD player to replace my 5.5 years old Esoteric X-03SE. I’m happy with my Esoteric but want to try something new, I only listen to contemporary Jazz music, about 80% musical instrument performance and 20% vocal (mainly female vocal). Esoteric K-01X seem to be over my budget, and now my target is Esoteric K-03X and Accuphase DP-720. May I know what is your choice between these two CDP?

PS: My thought is K-03X are using wonderful drive system, in the near future I can buy an external DAC to work with my Esoteric if I want to get another new sound. Yes, maybe Accuphase’ s transportation system is also good but not as good and famous as Esoteric’s VRDS-NEO drive mechanism.
mm622

Showing 1 response by bill_k

These two players have very different sound qualities. The Esoteric is more on the analytical side with exceptional detail. It's not lacking a natural sound, but isn't overly warm or rich sounding. The Accuphase excels at capturing excellent tonality of the music, with a fuller and more textured sound quality compared to the Esoteric. Both have excellent build quality.