Esoteric K-03/Plinius CD-101

Hello fellow audioholics
I am seeking some advice on Esoteric CD players.
I have Dynaudio C4’s with Plinius SA-103, Tautoro and CD-101 with Kimber Hero I/C’s but although I am generally happy with the CD101’s sound I’m considering replacing it for various other reasons.
I’m interested in trying an Esoteric player, potentially the K-03 and was wondering how much of an improvement this player would be compared to the CD-101 with Redbook CD’s as unfortunately I have no way of auditioning.
Can those who have heard both players please comment on what they feel i would gain.

Thanks very much
audio_madness

Showing 13 responses by jkuc

This Butthead, friend of yours Audiofail? Will pass your regards. No problem, hahaha..
Agear, if you call everybody who is smarter then you a weasel, then you must be living in a World of Weasels haha....
Merry Christmast to all and weasels also.
Merry Christmas to Agear, Audiofeil, Badwisdom and other morons .... You guys are the salt of Audiogon.
I like you bast...ds!!! Will pass your regards on weasel. Also assh..s if you wish. Many friends you have. That's probably the savings you make by buying cheap lamp cords and investing in HARDWARE gains you so many friends.
Hero is is a good cable but not good enough for your equipment, you do not hear your system to it's full potential.
Badwisdom, if you say so.....
you might have hearing problem which is not a bad thing, it will save you some money haha...
Badwisdom , you don't even know what you are talking about.Kind of humor...You make me feel better. everytime I read your post I'm smiling. That's good....
BUDT, the first part true "The ONLY possible thing a cable can do is introduce distortions."
The second not necessarily true, haha...for sure not belden.
Material of condustors counts, purity of conductors counts, crystal boundaries in conductors count, type of dielectric counts(air, teflon etc), construction of cables (layout of conductors etc) counts. These are simple things and everybody understands it....
If you deny it, no point to discuss with you.
Audiofail, you are right in a way.... Cheap interconnects (or generally cables) might be better and usually are better in certain systems,mediocre systems. Excellent cables (they usually cost more) are to transparent , to revealing , will show all imperfections of such systems and they would be "unforgiving" in inferior systems. Cheap cables will mask defects, they can be used as tone controllers in such systems.
Very good cables, neutral, transparent, detailed etc usually go with equipment of high calibre. In mediocre systems they will show how bad the system is.
Conclusion: cable application depends on the system.
And excellent cables will always be excellent but of course can't be used in any system.
Btw, you smell the same as Badwisdom, haha...