Esoteric K-03/Plinius CD-101

Hello fellow audioholics
I am seeking some advice on Esoteric CD players.
I have Dynaudio C4’s with Plinius SA-103, Tautoro and CD-101 with Kimber Hero I/C’s but although I am generally happy with the CD101’s sound I’m considering replacing it for various other reasons.
I’m interested in trying an Esoteric player, potentially the K-03 and was wondering how much of an improvement this player would be compared to the CD-101 with Redbook CD’s as unfortunately I have no way of auditioning.
Can those who have heard both players please comment on what they feel i would gain.

Thanks very much
audio_madness

Showing 6 responses by audiofeil

Wire choice is listener and system dependent.

To suggest a particular cable is inferior to another without familiarity of the system and listener's preferences smacks of inexperience.

You wear it well Jkuc.
Merry Christmas to you as well Beavis.

Say hello to Butthead when you see him.
I'm running a K-03 in a system with $35K active speakers and the difference between $200 and $2000 interconnects is surprisingly small.

Paying a ton of money for cables can be a crapshoot as the end result is system and listener dependent.

Dealer disclaimer
How can one person decide ahead of time what another will hear or likes/dislikes what is heard based on price alone?

It is simply ludicrous to assume that listener "A" won't be thrilled with a $200 pair of wires as opposed to a $2000 pair of cables. You might but he may not.

Expensive is not necessarily better with wires; this is the flaw in your rationale. I've been doing this far too long to believe otherwise. Cable selection is system and listener dependent. There is only a tiny positive correlation between price and performance.

Put the kool aid down and listen to a couple thousand systems and then come back and talk.

Thank you