Esoteric K-03 or K-01

After many reads and auditions I am ready to pull a trigger on esoterik K-03 player. I also have the opportunity to get a new K-01 for a great price, but without being able to audition it and still a few $$$ more, so it is dificault to commit to.

Those who had a chance to hear/have both players, how much K-01 is better than k-03?

May be for my system K-03 will do fine and K-01 is overkill?

I intend to run Esoteric player direct to amplifier, how much K-01 may sound better direct to amplifier in compare with K-03?

My speakers are Marten Django XL that driven by ML # 532H.
Thank you.
denon1

Showing 5 responses by jon2020

Guido,
I have just downloaded the HS USB driver to my computer and will be trying out the asynchronous USB input tomorrow.
As for the XLR output,I personally find that XLR2 gives better sonics than XLR3. Cheers!
Jon.
Hi Guido,

I have been passively following this thread for a while and you may be pleased to hear that I have just pulled the trigger for the K-01, replacing my 3-year-old dcs Puccini and U-clock. I trust your ears as much as mine as we both have and luvvv the Vienna Die Muzik speakers(Congrats! since we last chatted in another thread where you said you had the Mahler then).
I am curious whether you set your XLR output to XLR2 or XLR3 and if either makes a difference for you.
The manual does not say how to download the USB HS2 asynchronous driver. How does one install the driver?
Many thanks in advance.
Warmest regards.
Jon
Guido,
I just checked the manual for my Bryston amps and Pin 2 is indeed positive, ie "hot". So, my ears did well,.... ahem! When you are free, do let me know about your USB input set-up - hardware and software. Cheers!
Denon1,
It sounds very much like you are having a great time with the K-01.
And you are also happy driving your power amps directly. Your amps and speakers clearly are all singing together in synergy with the K-01.
I am curious as to what filter settings you have settled into.
Denon1,
You are correct about the Bryston"s impedance. Also, my listening room is rather large and the VA Die Musik speakers are not super sensitive, ca. 87 dB, while their impedance can drop rather low at times. So, they need to be cranked up for optimal sonics. But, since I am not losing much resolution(bits) at these digital volume levels, I might be happy to just carry on without a pre-amp for a while.