Esoteric A-100 vs a03

Friends,
I am currently using a Wavac 300B amplifier with my Tannoy turnberry SE speakers. While I am enjoying the luxurious Wavac ride but there are always times that I feel the 10 watts Wavac is not enough. Especially while listening to Rock and pop music when I would like to crank it up and have fun, the music doesnt sound very comfortable. I know I should not be doing this with a 300B tube amp but then I listen to all kinds of music and I dont own a 100db sensitive speaker.

The choice is now either to go with a powerful push-pull which has the overall purity of an SET or a more drastic step towards a good solid state amplifier. I have heard the Esoteric a03 and liked it a lot driving a pair of Maggies. But I have never heard the A-100. Esoteric says that A-100 sounds as pure and neutral as master tapes, thats a serious claim, but then they are manufacturers. Can anyone here give me an idea of which of these amps would be a better buy for sonic purity, neutrality and dynamics ?
pani

Showing 1 response by reynolds853

Pani,

I have an Ayon Triton 1 integrated amp and like it a lot. It's 125WPC pentode, 80WPC triode; Class A operation with no negative feedback. Uses KT88 tubes. If that sounds like enough power for you there's one listed now but with about 18 hours left in the sale. You might consider it.

John