Equipment Rack

Does it make sense to spend several thousands of dollars on a equipment rack, if Stillpoints are used under every component?
ricred1
Post removed 
Huh? I never said any such thing. It’s because of the ground borne vibration that EVERYTHING must be isolated. My products for Subwoofers and some speakers do the same thing as the Townshend thingies - isolate the rest of the system from the speakers.
geoffkait
hi 
im sorry i am very new to these forums i was replying to you after you mentioned the Townshend audio you tube video , i thought you got the wrong end of the stick about the podiums im very sorry nothing i wrote was meant to offend , this thread i believe was regarding using stillpoints with or without a expensive rack, i personally do not like the changes stillpoints make to the electronics i have never tried them under loudspeakers, even stillpoints recommend isolating your speakers first once you have reduced or eliminated any vibrations from your speakers if you have the budget you could buy a nice rack , and yes you can then change the sound with the stillpoints as long as you have the room between the shelves. its a very expensive approach. i did this i used podiums for my speakers that completely eliminated floor vibrations i then used a seismic rack with adjustable shelves and then used the stillpoints SS and ultra 5 under my equipment , i didnt like the sound with the stillpoints so i sold the lot and the money i got paid for the podiums and the rack so i ended up with a much better sound than i started with and no stillpoints 
hi
i do not believe spending several thousand pounds on a rack is needed unless its made out of gold and diamonds, concentrate on speaker isolation have a good listen to your system with your speakers completely isolated from the room then decide if further isolation is required if you already have a rack cheap or expensive it doesnt matter try placing clearlight audio RDC cones underneath your equipment to see if you enjoy any further changes to the sound , for the money they are very good they seem to concentrate on improving the sound without any flavour or discolorations of there own.i would try your stillpoints under your loudspeakers talk to stillpoints for there exact recommendations but i seriously recommend you contact your local townshend audio dealer and arrange a demonstration of the seismic podiums everytime i have witnessed such a demo the sound becomes absolutely incredible it questions the need to isolate any further , if you like the podiums which i know you will you could buy the townshend  rack its  2500 dollars or so and has built in isolation pods at the bottom stopping any vibrations entering the rack. you can still further isolate with the seismic pods under your equipment in sets of 3 or 4 that would be the ultimate the complete job down, after going this route i found that the stillpoints really colour the sound the mini was ok a little forward the ss very full on and not natural sounding which was not what i wanted to achieve the ultra 5s cost an absolute fortune just had a price increase in the uk 670gbp each i believe i needed 8 to isolate my speakers and im not convinced or had any proof that they actually work like i said i sold all mine and have never looked back im getting magnificent sound now with the townshend products i hope my story helps good luck   
mains - you might possibly be mistaking me for someone else as I never mentioned the Townshend video. I am a strong proponent of isolating everything due to the deleterious effects on the audio signal of seismic vibrations - produced by traffic, wind, ocean tides, speaker feedback, subways, footfall, local construction projects, Earth crust motion, etc. Generally speaking I eschew racks since most of them exacerbate the floor borne seismic vibration although I can certainly appreciate that racks organize one’s components. I also do not favor any vibration isolation device that employs rubber or really any soft materials whether for damping or any other reason. As far as your experience goes, everyone has a story and yours is neither better or worse than another's.