Equi=Core 1800/Core Power Technologies 1800

Anybody know anything about these things, Equi=Core 1800/Core Power Technologies? Are they any good? Not looking to buy snake oil. Considering possibly purchasing without auditioning to run Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2, Ayre Codex DAC, Proceed CDD. Anyone? Thanks
128x128luvrockin

Showing 26 responses by ozzy

lak,

I have my 2 Atmosphere M-60's amps plugged into my 1800 along with my Preamp and 85" Samsung 4K TV.
I have also thought about trying to go direct to the wall with the amps just to hear the difference. In my situation though one of the power cords would be a little too short to reach the wall so I haven't tried it yet.

Interested in your findings. 

ozzy
Well, I have 3 separate dedicated lines. On one I have the 1800 powering the heavy AC users. Such as Amps, Preamp and 85" UHD Samsung.
On another I have the 300 unit with my digital using a DIY 8 outlet power strip. 
The third dedicated line is used for my JL Audio Subs.

ozzy

jriggy,

I too have owned the Uberbuss and I can say it is simply not in the same league as the CPT units. I recommend it to not be in the chain with the CPT unit.

ozzy
lak,
I would be interested in your findings with Hi-Fidelity because I too was told they use smaller gauge wire that is not suited for high power amp applications.
ozzy

Thanks Lak,
Still, 10A is not much for my Tube Mono Blocks and the other things I have plugged into my CPT1800 which is plugged into a dedicated 20A line using 10 gauge wire.
I also read somewhere that the wire used inside the MC-6 is 14-16ga. Anyone take one apart?
ozzy
I was hoping for some shipping news on the Deep Core. Its been a long time coming.

Reminds me of the Janis Joplin tune Mercedes Benz,
 " I'll wait for delivery each day until three..."

ozzy
Mark,

I would like to be the first to wish everyone on Audiogon a very Merry Christmas!  Hopefully we can all find love, peace and happiness!

And...I am really looking forward to the Deep Core, I hope it arrives soon. 

ozzy
lewinskih01,

That is just an empty fuse slot that is not needed. The breaker replaces it.

ozzy
Well, I received a notice from Mark that a Deep Core was being shipped to me. But then, the package was rerouted and returned to the sender.
So, I don't know what is going on with the Deep Core at this time.

Hopefully Mark will jump in and explain.

ozzy
From Mark’s provided picture of the Deep Core, the breaker is a 10A while the breaker on the CPT 1800 is 15A.
So, that tells me it cannot handle a fully loaded CPT 1800/1200.
But, of course Mark will have to weigh in on this.

ozzy
falconquest, 

I think it comes down to the quality of the transformer that is used in the design. 

ozzy
uberwaltz,

I think you your last sentence should read, I just hope it is as good as everyone hopes it is.
No one has tried it yet.

ozzy
Mark,

That is great news.

Question:
Has the breaker in the Deep Core been upgraded to 15A to match the CPT 1800?

ozzy
Mark,

I'm still standing with you even though the Deep Core introduction has been delayed. 
The fact that you are willing to share your ordeal and reply to us impatient Audiophiles (myself included) in this forum says a lot about your character. 
Many of us as we get older are experiencing health problems so we can relate. Hopefully as your company gets more organized/mature it will be able to operate without the need for you to always have your finger on the day to day operations... and you can enjoy the results.

ozzy
I think the fourth gent is Sadono.
I did receive a tracking number but today is the first time I have been able to track it.
Tracking shows delivery estimated to be next Tuesday.

ozzy
Question:
To you CPT users.

Are you plugging your amplifier(s) into the CPT 1800/1200 or plugging them directly into the wall?

I have tried it now both ways.
To me, it seems with the amps plugged into the wall there is a little more "bite"  to the music while with the amps plugged into the 1800 there is a little more depth but less snap. 

I'm curious to what others think.

ozzy

rotaryphone, lak,

Thanks for your replies.
The CPT is really not a conditioner per say but a balanced power transformer so it should allow full power to amps. But there is a difference in sound for sure.

ozzy
The patient would have died by now...

So again.. are you guys plugging your amps into the CPT1800/1200 or directly to the wall outlet?

Please post your comments.

ozzy
Thanks lak for that information. 
It seems curious that CPT 1800 does change the sound, Would you call it mellower?

ozzy

uberwaltz, docknow, chazzzy007,

Thank you for your replies. 
Now that I am used to hearing the amps plugged straight into the wall outlet, tomorrow I will plug them back into the CPT 1800.

ozzy
Well I just plugged the tube amps back into the CPT 1800. 
To me, the music has a calming effect that I guess could be best described as with less hash. Out of the wall even though I have tried to establish the best possible power transfer there was still a slight brightness
When I say calmer I don't mean less dynamic but it draws me more into the music.

So, IMHO the CPT 1800 is the way to go with power amps too.

ozzy
uberwaltz,

Since I have 3 dedicated lines I have one dedicated for digital equipment. On that line I have a CPT 300 utilizing a DIY power strip.
This frees up outlets on the CPT 1800 for my analog equipment.

ozzy
uberwaltz,

Yes sir. Mine is made using Furutech Nano inlet/outlets and Mil spec silver copper 10 gauge wiring. The aluminum outlet boxes were purchased from China. All outlets are wired direct to the inlet.

ozzy