Equi=Core 1800/Core Power Technologies 1800

Anybody know anything about these things, Equi=Core 1800/Core Power Technologies? Are they any good? Not looking to buy snake oil. Considering possibly purchasing without auditioning to run Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2, Ayre Codex DAC, Proceed CDD. Anyone? Thanks
128x128luvrockin

Showing 50 responses by lak

@luvrockin, @jazzmusican,
Is all of your audio gear including amp plugged into your 1200 and/or 1800?
I ask because: I've been trying to decide if my integrated tube amp (Allnic T-1500) sounds better when plugged into the 1800 or into the Furutech GTX-D wall outlet (both AC outlets are on different dedicated breakers).
Firstly I wish Walter a speedy recovery and a return to normalisy!

Secondly; can anyone address the difference between the Emerald Physics Conductor One power cord and the new upgrades power cord?
Construction, wire gauge, sound?
@jstat, I'm thinking that because the1800 is balanced power you would be good to go. Regarding power cords IMO its a matter of experimentation, and/or research to see what others that have the Merrill Veritas mono blocks have used with success.
@lewinskih01 I have experimented both ways that you are asking about. Personally, I think you are better off purchasing the 1200 or 1800 and plugging everything into it. For me, it created a quieter background with more detail.
The last couple of pages on this thread should explain why you have not heard back from Mark yet. He provides a website and phone number to call. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/has-anyone-tried-these-stunning-new-cpt-power-cord?page=16
@sandeepk100; have you read this long thread it also contains information about the CPT 1200 and 1800. I'll send you a message through Audiogon.
@jriggy I use my 1800 to power my Integrated amp and my Shunyata Denali D2000T.
My 1800 does that on very rare occasion and I have no idea why?
When that happens in the system that my 1800 is located in I will notice a low-level hum in my main system also. When one stops the other stops also. The two systems are on separate, dedicated outlets.
Mark,
Sounds like some serrious issues.
Take care and get some much needed rest, work pressure only make the symtoms wore.
Lak
@calloway to the best of my knowledge there was never a power strip included. One year ago or so it was mentioned in the origional thread on Audiogon regarding the CPT-300 that the Wireworld Matrix 2 power strip was some what inexpensive and seemed to work well.
I'll bet the power strip was supplied to the reviewer as a courtesy so that more than one components could be used.
That's just my guess, we will have to wait and hear from Mark.
One more after thought: With a 1200 and/or 1800 you could run your entire system with it (of course depending on your total draw of amps). With the Hemisphere I highly doubt one should run an entire system with it, I believe it’s intended for preamps, CDP’s, transports, Dac’s, tuners, turntables, etc. Not amps.
If I'm incorrect about this point, someone please correct me.
@shadow8911,
I agree with klh007, you really have to try them in your own system and decide what sound you like best. Depending on your geographic location, the quality of AC coming into your home, and all the components, interconnects, and power cords etc your use results will vary.
I'm happy with a Hemisphere that I have in one system, and the 1800 I have in a second system. Perhaps one day when I have time I'll fipflop them however then there is the delayed reaction in both systems of magnetic conduction.
Alright, guys (and maybe gals?) I was wrong and I want to correct what I said earlier today (above 8-21-17, 8:20 AM).
The MC-6 and the MC-Hemisphere has an amp rating of 10 amps per duplex outlet there for an entire system including amp could be run as long as the amp draw per outlet is 10 amps or less.
Thank you aniwolfe for entering the discussion and making the correction. Last think I want to do is pass on incorrect information ;-)!
@aniwolfe, interesting, I'm going to have to phone them about this just to double-check, I'll post back here regarding that. Thanks for you comment.
soulsaivage, I power the Hemisphere with a 1.5/M Elrod EPS-3 Signature power cord in addition I’ve found that all high current power cords seem to work well.
From the Hemisphere to my components I use a variety of HFC power cords, a Red Cerious Technologies Graphene, and some Blue Furutech Nano-Ag-Au power cables (in two systems).
Due to the number of messages I have received, I'd like to publically state that I have not received a Deep Core Unit. If I should receive one I will be happy to post that news. Happy Thanksgiving to all ;-)
@audioquest4life in regard to your question asked on this Forum dated 11/23, I believe @ozzy (ozzy) could compare and contrast the PS Audio to the 1800 since he owned both.
Looks like things are slowly moving forward with the possible shipment of Deep Core.
I've come to the conclussion that:
Muhammad Ali / rope-a-dope = Deep Core Tatics...
@corepowertech,
Mark, I'm one of your largest supporters and I believe in your products, the proof is in the pudding and almost anyone that listens to your products like what they hear. I don't want to do or say anything that would hurt Lynn's or your feelings. You have brought on some of the joking and negative comments within the forums. Please stop telling people that an item will ship and then it doesn't. That's all you have to do!
God Bless and Happy Holidays to all...
@lewinskih01 My 1800 (USA) doesn't have any fuses, its got a button breaker on the back to reset. Does yours have fuse holders someplace?
@lewinskih01 why don't you try plugging it in and checking the voltage with a meter. Or you could always plug a lamp etc into it to check.
@lewinskih01 that sounds different than mine. Mine was in the first batch that was manufactured. Does yours work when pluged in?
@lewinskih01 I'll bet you that the unit was damaged during shipment. Unplug it and take the cover off and look to see if some wires didn't become unconnected and/or that something broke. I'm sure you will be able to tell simply by looking and following the routes of the wire.
I want to make a correction from above, there is a 10 amp button circut breaker on the Deep Core but I question how well it works?
IN MY OPINION:
I have some very serious concerns about the Deep Core that have not been addressed, if they were addressed I have not seen it.

1) Where are the reviews from the beta testers?
2) Was the Deep Core ever beta tested?
3) There are no directions included regarding use of the Deep Core as far as I know.
4) What are the limits of amp draw for the Deep Core?
5) As far as I know there are no fuses or circuit breakers involved with the Deep Core, is that a safety issue?

I only wish the best for Mark, Lynn and their company.
I would not be able to sleep at night if I did not express my concerns.
When I had a Deep Core in my possession to beta test (which arrived damaged) I had an opportunity to take a close look at it.
I also had an electrical engineer look it over. Use this item at your own risk.
An upgrade with internal wire 10 or 12 gauge, with outlets individually wired instead of Daisy chained, can also make an improvement.
Remember; everything can always be tweeked regardless of who the manufactor is.
@debjit_g; Start with the Equi=Core 1800.
I have the 1800 and it handles everything I've ever plugged into it including my class D amp.
Leave the Deep Core out of your thoughts, for the time being, it's function is for fine-tuning, and I believe is still being finalized.
@debjit_g, honestly any power cord made to handle a power distribution (10 or12 gauge) or a high wattage amp will work quite well to power the 1800. I totally agree that the Super Stroke power cord is big-bang for the bucks and works quite well going from the wall to the 1800 or from the 1800 to your components.
I have also used the Curious Technologies Graphene power cords, (the Blue and Yellow) I'm sure the Matrix will be very good (but I don't own one yet), Elrod EPS-s Signature power cord, Furutech SO32N, S55N and the DPS-4.
IMO: since balanced power is coming out of the 1800/1200 all that is needed is a well-made grounded power cord constructed of 12 or 10 gauge quality wire. The power cord going from the 1800/1200 to your compoients will be the game changer power cord, thats where I'd concentrate on spending your money, but for most of us those power cords might already be in place.
I agree, the Super Stroke power cord is flexible and a lot of bang for the buck. 12 gauge wire but sounds good on my preamp or amp. Can be used with a power conditioner etc.
Its a black / red colored power cord, different from the power cord that came with my 1800. I was commenting about it in a different Audiogon forum a day or two ago. I think the Power Stroke is an unknown sleeper that sounds surprisingly good.
Sells for somewhere around $100 or so.

Are you using the Super Stroke power cords that are black and red usually 1.8/m long?
@corepowertech, nice talking to you and please get those Deep Cores to us ASAP!

Best regards...