Equi=Core 1800/Core Power Technologies 1800

Anybody know anything about these things, Equi=Core 1800/Core Power Technologies? Are they any good? Not looking to buy snake oil. Considering possibly purchasing without auditioning to run Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2, Ayre Codex DAC, Proceed CDD. Anyone? Thanks
128x128luvrockin

Showing 11 responses by devilboy

I have the 1200. It replaces my longtime reference, the Exactpower EP15A. Trust me, the 1200 is the real deal. Extremely low noise floor. I have a single ended triode driving high efficiency speakers and the system is dead quiet. The system has black backgrounds that bring out fine, inner detail deep within the recordings. More control of dynamic swings. The system sounds more "punchy". Almost like notes are faster, meaning they start and stop faster. More "attack" when needed. Conversely, when notes are supposed to decay, they do so very convincingly....like the shimmer of a cymbal that goes on and on....if that makes sense.
In complex orchestral passages, I can hear more separation of musicians onstage.

I have no relation or affiliation with the company. I’m just a very satisfied owner of a great product. I don’t think it’s a giant-killer, I think it probably IS the giant.

@luvrockin...yeah I guess measurements may say one thing but the ultimate test is if it sounds better with the 1800 in the chain. After I sold my Exactpower and waited for the 1200 to arrive, I had everything going to the wall and it wasn’t nice at all. Maybe sounded good to some but I knew what my sytem was capable of.

Technically I have three amps into the 1200...my main amp and EACH Rethm Trishna has an internal amp powering two 6.5" drivers.

I should’ve bitten the bullet and ordered the 1800 just so I can run my plasma on it too. I’m sure my power consumtion for the whole system is still so low I could do it anyway but I don’t want to take any chances. Plasmas draw a lot.

Enjoy your 1800. Mark has hit it out of the park with these.
I've made a few transactions with CPT and spoke with Mark numerous times on the phone and this is the best damn customer service I've had in 21 years in this madness.

@luvrockin.....yes, please let us know. I couldn’t be happier with my 1200. Solid, well built and makes the system sound incredible.
I put my plasma on my 1200 and I couldn't believe the difference.
Incredible.
 I'll post my findings later when I get more time.
Hello everyone.  Bear with me because I'm no expert on describing video quality but I know when I see something that looks good, and when something doesn't. So, here goes...
For the past couple of weeks, I've been watching my plasma TV while it's been plugged into my Equi=Core 1200 and my TV has never looked like this.  It's not just the blacker backgrounds that people with good video quality always preach about.  The images are sharper.   Watching without the 1200, the edges are more fuzzy. With it, images are more distinct and clearly displayed.  There's more of a contrast between foregrounds and backgrounds which adds a greater sense of depth. 
     Colors are more saturated and vivid.  There's more "pop", if you will.  It's just a cleaner display overall.  I've mentioned this briefly earlier but yes, the blacks are blacker. A lot actually. The 1200 makes viewing blacks without a 1200 look grayish.  
     Make no mistake...these aren't,"squint til you think you see a difference", improvements.  Just the opposite actually.  When I first turned on the TV while being fed balanced power my eyes opened wide and all I could say was "wow". 
     I was blind to all of these observations prior to the 1200.  I always thought my picture was fantastic.  Originally, I wasn't even going to use the 1200 for my TV.   I just plugged it in to see if it made a difference because I was curious.  Now, I'm deciding what audio component to sacrifice as I'm running out of outlets.  Yes, the TV looks so good I'm removing something else from one of the 8 outlets to give the plasma a spot. 

I love this product. It's built like a tank and delivers the goods. My audio system sounds better than ever before and my TV looks fantastic.  I never thought something could improve upon my ExatcPower EP15A voltage regenerator but I've found something that does and I'm thrilled with it. 
     Oh, and I've been in this madness for 21 years and had my share of ups and downs with bad equipment and lousy customer service. Core Power Technologies is phenomenal gear and Mark is a class act.  I couldn't be happier.
My 1200 is fully broken in and amazes me every single day. My sytem sounds unbelievable....
My plasma went to another level all together, and I liked it before I had the 1200!
I spoke with Mark today and he said he has units going out Friday. As he said earlier, he's had phone issues.  
Has anyone heard from Mark regarding shipments? I've been trying to reach him and haven't received a reply in a while.