Enjoying my Audience Au24Sx Speaker Cables, wondering how much better are the Front Row?

I've had the Au24Sx for about 3 months now and they've settled in quite nicely. I was wondering what has been the experience of other Au24Sx owners.  I was looking at the Audience Front Row SC's but they're fairly new and nearly twice the cost.
mrc4u
nyev,

It just struck me. This may or may not be of benefit. But I figured I'd just say it. I know you're anxious to try out the Clarus Crimson SC's.  Last year on a trip to Houston, Tx, I met a fellow audiophile by the name of Jeff Pate! A really great guy!! He has a high-end boutique called, "Houston Audio."  And I know for a fact he's a Clarus dealer.  Perhaps you can give him a call and see if you can arrange some type of demo?

Here's a link to his business.  Hope he can help!

Regards,

https://www.houstonaudiostore.com/about-houston-audio
Post removed 
I am a long time Audience cable fan. I am using a few versions of Audience XLR (AU24, AU24SE) | speaker cable (Ohno). I am looking to splurge on the Audience FrontRow speaker cables for a new system.

My question is how important would you rate the cable quality requirement between a preamp and amp (XLR). I am thinking of having only my amp between the speakers and running a long XLR from the preamp to the amp (15 -20 feet). Now I do not think I would want to do this with the Audience FrontRow, due to cost. I am thinking of using the lower cost Audience line if I did this. Or, would I be better of putting the system stand between the speakers and use a short FrontRow XLR betweem the amp and preamp?  I am in a very small room so the anything between the speakers would be adjacent to the speakers (not behind).

I am also going to get a FrontRow XLR between my DAC and the preamp. I will use lower level Audience XLR's for my other analog sources. The amp will be the Luxman m900u and preamp will be the Luxman c900u.

yyzsantabarbara

I am looking forward in reading more about Audience FrontRow speaker cables. It has been over 10 years since my last Audience demo.

Happy Listening!

Well, let me just say from what I've experienced (not having auditioned the Audience Front Row SC) I'm convinced more than ever that the digital cables and power cables may make just as much of a difference as the XLR's.

Recently I tried the Black Cat Digit-75 BNC cables in place of my Black Cat 75 MKII digital cables and it made all the difference in the world! A larger and deeper soundstage and imaging, meatier midrange and deeper bass without becoming overly "bloomy,"  "muddy" or exaggerated. But as if you are sitting in the front row!  Again, I preface this by not having auditioned the Front Row speaker cables.

Keep in mind I have the Audience Au24SX XLR cables running from the Chord Hugo TT2 into my Gryphon Diablo 300 Integrated Amp and they are excellent!  But don't overlook the need for a very resolving digital cable either.  I think it boils down to the "Weakest Link" theory.  And from my experience, I believe going with the Audience Au24SX speaker cables combined with a very good and resolving digital cable from your DAC into your preamp may be where your money should be spent.

But, you may ask 10 folks and get 10 different replies.  So, audition!! audition!! audition!!!  That is really the only way you'll truly know!

But make sure you also find some good power cords to audition as well.  Believe it or not, they DO make a difference.  I recommend the Synergistic Research's Galileo UEF Power Cords.