End to All Power Problems

Has anyone heard of Bloom Energy? It's a new technology that many tech companies are now using to generate power off of the grid.

It takes methane (or another similar fuel) and uses fuel cells to chemically convert fuel to power. Check out the 60 minutes segment on it, pretty amazing. I think it could be a huge paradigm type shift for the entire country.

It actually works, and they are hoping to be able to get the cost down to $3000 per house. No more power bill, only a gas bill, and we have tripled our Natural Gas reserves in the country since 2007. Fewer power plants, many fewer transmission wires, less oil........

Oh yeah, and most importantly, clean power to your audio gear.
macdadtexas

Showing 1 response by 6550c

Does it produce AC or DC? Will we need to convert all our gear to use DC? If DC, then an inverter will be needed- how noisy are those things? I bet they are super bad? I guess you could have a dedicated fuel cell for the HE stereo and keep everything DC and another for all the other things.

Fortunatly, I live in an area that does lots of hydroelectic power, so coal, oil,wind, gas is not needed.