Empire 698 turntable

I own an Empire 698 TT which I really enjoy. Since I bought it, however, one of the springs in the suspension seems to be broken, since it does not readily springs back to position the way it should. I was able to buy on ebay a 698 plinth which has the suspension springs, but I don't seem to figure out how to remove them. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge/suggestions? Thank you all in advance!
hurricane
I am aware of the adjustment with the wing nuts. However, one of the springs does not seem to be "springing back", as I said previously. I removed the wing nut, and underneath it looks like the spring is held in place by a C-clamp, but I cannot seem able to take it off.
'Circlip' is the expression, and yes they are a bit tricky. IIRC, the mount on the tower is slightly recessed, making it difficult for the circlip to come out on its own. Again IIRC, you should be able to extract it with a medium to small flat bladed screwdriver and a bit of determination. Be careful- those things can go flying!
Yes! You are totally correct! The recessed part is what makes it difficult. But now that I know I am in the right track I will be determined! Thank you for your help.
atmasphere
'Circlip' is the expression, and yes they are a bit tricky ... you should be able to extract it with a medium to small flat bladed screwdriver and a bit of determination. Be careful- those things can go flying!
It's only July but I nominate Ralph for the 2020 Understatement of the Year Award. A circlip can go flying nearly into orbit!
Well, I was able to remove the proverbial circlip with c-clip pliers, I was so proud of myself! But now, the darn spring won't come out! I thought once the circlip was removed it would come out readily, but that is not the case. Any other thoughts or suggestions?