Emotiva XPA-2

I've heard this called mid fi crap and no better than mass market junk.My ears say different.And yes i clean them using this stuff called auro and pluck the hair out.Unlike some folks giving their opinions.
Having owned very expensive amps,Krell 300s,Pass x-350,Counterpoint NP220,the list is almost endless.The Threshold T series 100,200 and 400 were in my system.The McCormack upgraded DNA-1 lasted about two days,along with Belles Ref.Sorry Dave.Granted, everything comes down to synergy.
Thats why we try this then that,regretting the bad choices we make and the massive amounts of money we waste in the process.
Call me waxing nostalgiac but my sonic memories of Marantz recievers are pretty good.Folks we get caught up in the BS.Trust your ears,to hell with opinion.Doesn't matter.I got this amp that sounds great and I plan on installing better fuses etc.
Heres the rub as soon as you say some positive stuff the cost doubles and then other less well to do folks find it out of reach and in a crowded expensive market,So maybe its better to say ,"everyones right it is a POS,then smile and turn the volume up".I can afford something costlier as fortunes have it.Perhaps all those naysayers are using SS pres.Personally i loathe SS preamps,I had the Pass Aleph p,Threshold T2 i believe it was along with fet-10 and a few others.Folks get a Manley shrimp,or BAT or Arc or VTl 2.5 even or any of those others like CJ 17ls.
soundsgood05

Showing 2 responses by casey621

I had to sell my X250.5 and i bought a used but low hour Emotiva XPR-2 for $1100 shipped, im using it with a VK-51SE and i do not miss the Pass. Ted
Hi Dave_72 I had to sell the Pass so just memory, but it was not that long between the 2. I sold my VK-D5se also and im using a very cheap source for now but i used the same source with both amps and for the $ im very happy. Side by side could be very different but nothing jumps out as a problem to my ears. I tried some class D amps before the X250.5 and sold them Quickly. Ted