Emotiva UMC-200 vs Oppo BDP-105?

I am currently on the fence about my Oppo 105 just purchased in regards to 2.1 and 5.1 channel analogue listening with the ESS Sabre 9018 chips. How are the Twin Cirrus Logic 32 bit dual core floating point dsp chips in the Emotiva running analogue 2.1 and 5.1? Has anyone compared the analogue in the Emotiva UMC-200 compared to the analogue in the Oppo 105? I am hearing a very thin sound, male mevado just isn't there, midbass is lacking and is just terrible through the analogue 2.1. Please post your immpressions. thx in advance....
128x128bacardi

Showing 3 responses by runnin

I just purchased the 103 myself, and have it set up as a processor straight to my amp. Seriously impressed, I can't hear anything lacking as the OP found, perhaps it is system dependent? I also have the Oppo 95 in a 2 channel system and I have to say, Oppo rocks!

I'd hold off on the XMC, every single processor that Emotiva has released in the last 4 years has had bug issues, some really quite stunning. Give it some time to see how things shake out.
You might also go to the Oppo 105 thread in the AVS forum. I've got the Oppo 95 and the analog is superb, the 105 is said to be better.
Simple question, but you do have the Oppo connected via it's analog outputs and not HDMI, correct?