Eminent technology et2 on Linn Lp12

Hello all

I am considering the possibility of this combination. I already own the Linn. Its a mid/late 70's model. A friend has the arm. I have a Denon 103 cartrige to put on the arm. 

What are your thoughts on this combo.

I currently use a Thorens td160 with SME 3009 improved and Denon103 cartrige that I like. AN M3 Line pre with tube and SS power. Tannoy MG 12 speakers. 

Also. I am going to make a new arm board. Is there a preferred material or should I stick with the MDF. 

Thanks for your thoughts. 

128x128pkvintage
Re posr

Well after all the discussion I have decided against the ET2 and went with the Audio Note arm1. Easy install, no maintenance and works great with with the Linn LP12 and my Denon 103 MC cartrige.Thank you to all that took the time to reply. There were many very descriptive posts that I leaned a great deal from.
I am sure this arm will serve me well
Good call pkvintage. Enjoy the Music.
For the benefit of the readers, here is a picture of the heavier Mag arm wand that would work best with that Denon cart.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L7fEPzN9j8vFZfmQ9

If I was in audiophile mode, I would be almost tempted to find an LP12 and try it to find out what happens.  

Lewm
So the talk about leaf springs etc. leaves me in the dark.

I know you're a car guy Lewm from previous posts, and I don't know if you remember me posting about the Guild car garage, a 10 minute drive from me, who have a show called Restoration Garage on the History Channel?  Anyway.

Lets imagine a vehicle with a single leaf spring suspension in the back. Now Imagine if we hung that leaf spring and wacked it with a mallet. Now weld another leaf spring onto it - becomes a double leaf spring, more rigid, capable of holding more weight, and if we wacked it again, its tone would be higher. A higher resonant frequency.

Now for the ET2 tonearm no different except the leaf spring/s are obviously very small and fit at the junction of where the I beam joins the end cap, and they flex -----------> Sideways, instead of Vertically like in a vehicle.

The other significant thing about the ET2 leaf spring design, is that it isolates the counterweights mass on the I Beam, from cartridge cantilever.The cantilever doesn't see the sideways weight on the I Beam. This is very significant compared to other linear trackers in regards to cartridge wear. This phenomena can best be seen / demonstrated by putting a heavy cartridge on, and using an out of round record, with a single leaf spring I Beam. The Single Leaf Spring I Beam holding the counterweights, will be seen cushioning like a shock absorber.

Ct, I am very familiar with the TV show. Still, I am a visual learner, and I would have to see the leaf springs on an ET tonearm, in order to appreciate what you are trying to say in words. My life will be just fine if that never happens. Where is the Guild, anyway? Is it in Toronto? Somewhere in Canada, I think.

As you probably also know, leaf springs as automobile suspensions are very old-fashioned. I don’t think there have been too many leafsprung automobiles made since the 1950s. Maybe excepting the rear suspensions of some American cars, trucks, jeeps,etc..
@lewm 

Lewm - I am a visual learner, and I would have to see the leaf springs on an ET tonearm

ok - A picture is worth a thousand words.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/93iD8kknnvnoXmeU9

I don’t think there have been too many leafsprung automobiles made since the 1950s.

Hmmmm.....so then,  doesn't the automotive leaf spring technology match up well to the record / LP - technologies ? 8^0

fwiw - I use a 2018 Toyota Tundra - Built in your Lone Star State - for trailering my 993, boats and performing cottage work. It has leaf springs. I can't imagine being without them. so Horses for Courses.

Just to confirm the analogy I used focused on - if you make a spring firmer (more rigid) in any industry, field, timeframe - its resonance goes up.

.....and this playing of records being a resonance and vibration hobby.  

Lewm - the Guild is an hour north of Toronto

Cheers