Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517

@nandric 
you cannot abbreviate the word methodology to the first 4 letters. you introduce spam. I have asked for it to be deleted along with the planted bogus user.  

@dover
And one of the best arms ever made regardless of price and most unfairly maligned.
It beggars belief that on audiogon there is so much misinformation on the ET2, when discussing tonearms in general, when the Eminent Technology website contains more testing and test data to support the design and substantiate their claims on performance than any other tonearm on the market.
It’s sad that there is much to learn on the ET website even if your preference is a conventional pivoted arm that folk just cant be bothered to take advantage of Bruces formidable knowledge.

The ET2 was introduced in the same year as the Perfect Sound - CD. The magazine reviewers focus was on Digital.

So One - Bad timing and two - no reviews, that I have ever seen - past the basic setup not optimal and it was still reviewed really well.

One of the biggest mistakes the first time ET2 user makes is to use all the weights supplied on the I Beam, when what they should do is use only as many as needed to put them at the end of the Beam. But then, this is beyond basic setup however, and a more advanced setup.An understanding of physics comes into play. IMO if anything an Appendix could have been added to the manual to illustrate finer setup points. With a Pivot arm once you setup you are basically done. The ET2 invites many finer adjustments / upgrades as this thread shows.

The Audiophile equipment hobby is all about constant change. Others need numerous cartridges or tonearms to satisfy this need. ET2 folks need only make adjustments to setup to get better and better - same cartridge.

ct051,

To ask to remove my post for abreviation of an word that you obviously

understud looks like a joke, Any sensible argumetation I would accept 

but to remove my intellectuly  best post ever say more about

you than me. You are fake moderator and onbelivable arrogant. What

is you education? I was university teacher for 35  years.

I normally don’t contribute to this thread, because I do not own and have never owned an ET2 or 2.5. However, I concede that it is probably a great tonearm. But when you speak of Newton, keep in mind that the net force exerted by a small weight at the end of a long lever That is required to balance a cartridge at a specific VTF will be the same as the force generated when you use a larger weight mounted closer to the pivot or fulcrum. Therefore I am wondering why mounting a large weight close to the pivot point makes any difference as far as overcoming the air pressure and collapsing the air suspension , Assuming the same VTF is thereby achieved in both cases.

I asked them to edit your post removing the spam link, and to delete the spam post and spam user. Audiogon chose to remove your post. You can post it again but don't use the first four letters only of the word methodology. Also no personal info about others.

This is a Public Chat Forum, very different from even a couple years ago, the internet is much more interconnected to FB-Meta, Google, Twitter, TicToc etc....  I spent 40 years in IT, much if it in Security.  Don't take it personal.