Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
Hi Tim (Flemke)
Both pieces will add weight to your setup over the Carbon Fiber.
(probably not recommended if someone is mounting an ET2 on a Linn LP12) 

You will be tempted to add the joint (Gooseneck) first (quicker to do), but to do proper "audiophile" observations for us, you should replace the mount first since it cradles "the whole enchilada". Then the Gooseneck 2nd. Doing two changes at the same time in ones system, breaks multiple audiophile rules.

But then again, if you are like me right now, just trying to make it past what is remaining of winter with some music; the last thing on your mind, may be to want to mess with your set up.

I have the new mount and what I consider a third party aluminum Goosneck, which I acquired if you remember my posts here, by way of New Zealand, courtesy of Richard Krebs.

My shiny Gooseneck, was IMO, a sort of inspiration for Bruce to do the Aluminum. I remember he really liked what he saw in the picture of what I sent to him. Mine is a bright silver and it does add bling to the setup if one likes that. I prefer that Bruce kept his aluminum pieces the same color as the rest of the tonearm parts.

Then again,

I read here on AudioGon somewhere, that someone once posted a question; Why do all these air bearing linear trackers need to look like oil pumping rigs ? He was obviously a bling fan.

ct0517,
I don't think Bruce would make anything that didn't sound right, so i bought the parts. I do remember reading about the joint  you have way back in this thread I think. I'll see if have time to swap out the parts and give it a listen. 

Tim
Very interested in any sonic impressions of the aluminum upgrades (?).  Thanks!
Porter Recording have on ebay this auction for their ET 2.0 on a Technics SP10 MKII, with obsidian plinth.

Interesting times.... not affiliated with the ad. Good luck to those interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283415966095?ul_noapp=true